Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bug tracking software

During the last couple of years I had an idea to have a bug tracker for my home projects. Here's a summary:

1. Trac
Looks very raw. Really hard to understand what it does and how to do what I want. Installation is really painful, too.

2. JIRA
Is fine, but requires much more powerful hardware than I used to run it: Samsung netbook with 2GB of RAM. I believe that this hardware should be enough for hosting a 1-project 5-user bugtracker. Also, JIRA is not free. You either have to pay, or use it for open source project.

3. Redmine
Is great. It's simple, intuitive and it runs fine on my "server". So, I think it's what I'm going to use. Can be easily installed using Bitnami.

Also going to try Mantis.

Update:
No, I like Redmine more, than Mantis

No comments:

Post a Comment