Thursday, December 23, 2010

Year 2010

The last January I've posted my SDP (Self-development plan). Let's have fun.

1. Learn C++ and it's idioms, boost and stl
I've spent some time learning it. Despite I had no luck having C++ projects this year, I've been developing all these skills. Not to say I'm proud with my results, but there's a progress.

2. Learn C++0x. Read the Standard at least once.
I got an excellent excuse - there's no way I can read it. I don't want to use a laptop to read it. I don't have it printed. My chinese tablet is broken and even if it wasn't, it can be used to read .pdf. Is that great? More of that, nothing of the kind, I did nothing with 0x at all.

3. Get more than 4.5 in a C++ Brainbench assessment :-)
Looks like there were no free C++ BB assessments this year. I feel like I won't get 4.5 event if I had that free assessment.

4. Learn basic design patterns.
Yes! I've learned some of them. Mmm... how'd you call it... a singleton? Really, I've read a few books.

5. Re-read all books I have about software design.
I've been reading them, but not too actively. Now I think it's a waste of time.

7. Get introduced with Android, have some Hello Worlds done, learn Java to the level I know C#.

Yes. I have some experience with Android. I've made a small training task. I like Android. Both Java and C# are similar for me now. But it doesn't mean I have progress with Java. I just forgot C# :-)

7. Improve my English.
Don't know. Looks like I have a D+ :-)

8. Finish my compiler implementation. Make an Open Source project out of it.
No. In progress. No results.

9. Learn Python, start using it.
Yes. No pleasure. Learning it is inefficient. No results.

10. Get introduced with Django.
Got introduced, see previous post. No pleasure.

11. Figure out sound linux. Find out the software to make music.
Got it. It's possible to record guitar. It's possible to have real-time audio processing like Guitar Rig. And that's all. All this software is weird and unusable. Will wait for a couple of years.

12. Buy a new guitar and learn how to play it.
Yes. I spend for about 30 minutes almost every day.

13. Start riding my bike.
There was a couple of rides. I'm now 30 kg less.

14. Learn modern .NET and get certified.
No.

15. Start playing with ATMEGA32 again.
No.

16. Learn to get interesting projects.
No.

17. Learn software for software development: libraries, source control software, code-generators and so on.
I've spent a lot of time mergin the code with Araxis Merge. I had some experience with Subversion. I had some experience with TeamCity and even developed a plugin for it.

18. Learn multithreading.
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment